Wednesday 12 March 2008

Welcome!

And greetings from the capital of Europe! I’ve been here in the heart of the country that invented Surrealism since All Fools’ Day 1998, and I’ve always felt right at home here. As a student, I wrote a treatise in German on the subject of “Laughter” (which has since, tragically, disappeared without trace). In those heady days in the late 1970s and early 1980s, I also started writing a song with the working title “Square Peg In A Round Hole”. My precocious interest in offshoring began in the mid 1960s when, at the age of 8, I became an avid listener to certain radio stations moored just outside British territorial waters. I wasn’t a fan of pop music at the time, but I used to tune in regularly to hear a dynamic American religious broadcaster called Garner Ted Armstrong talking about the Bible and "The World Tomorrow". If you’re thinking, “You couldn’t make this stuff up!”, you’ve probably got the picture – if not the T-shirt. For me, this blog marks the latest sortie on a fascinating personal voyage of discovery, and I’ll be more than happy to share the experience with any fellow-travellers who’d care to join me. So welcome on board – and enjoy the journey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dig your look!


Paul

The Third Witness said...

Thanks for checking me out, Paul! I've often enjoyed your perceptive comments on AW and Shadows, so it's great it have you visiting this neck of the woods!

Graham